Clear all

Tandberg TCD210

18 Posts
5 Users
4 Likes
(@steinerikhanssen)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

This have to be a rare Tandberg model? Its the Tandberg TCD210. It's probably a development model or a test model. 

How much do you think this is worth? 

koba reacted
koba
 koba
(@koba)
Trusted Member

Could be much if find a "right" buyer

ReplyQuote
(@steinerikhanssen)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @koba

Could be much if find a "right" buyer

It's for sale in Norway now. The current price is 310 euros... It's an auction. 

koba reacted
ReplyQuote
koba
 koba
(@koba)
Trusted Member

Very interesting!  Have never heard about TCD210 before... Thanks

4136 was sold on eBay in States for US $860 lately

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tandberg-Power-Amplifier-/124511522541

ReplyQuote
(@steinerikhanssen)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I believe it's a test model. I've seen photos of what I belive is to of them. Not any information on them in Norwegian forums either. I feel that I "need" it 🙂

ReplyQuote
koba
 koba
(@koba)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @steinerikhanssen

I believe it's a test model

Maybe the picture of the backplate hepls to  identify.

Many feel the same ->> the price may become unpredictable 😀 

ReplyQuote
koba
 koba
(@koba)
Trusted Member

Upd. O-o-ops...

Tandberg kassettspiller TCD 210. Den har ikke serinummer, kanskje en prototype?

Tandberg cassette player TCD 210. It does not have a serial number, maybe a prototype?

ReplyQuote
(@steinerikhanssen)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Upd. O-o-ops...

Tandberg kassettspiller TCD 210. Den har ikke serinummer, kanskje en prototype?

Tandberg cassette player TCD 210. It does not have a serial number, maybe a prototype?

Yep, no serial number. Almost 400 euros now, dont know if I would like to go higher...

ReplyQuote
(@richlooker)

I think this auction is very strange. There is only a single photo of the deck, and it's very unsharp/blurry. No photos of the back, no closeup. You can see the deck is missing a transport button. It has no resemblance to anything Tandberg ever made. Not a single design element where you would say, yes, that's a Tandberg. It's a very simple deck - simpler/more basic than TCD-300, but clearly newer. The numbering is strange, considering every Tandberg deck from TCD-300 and onwards had a higher number than the previous one (exceptions: 420, 3034 and 910/911) It has plastic piano keys, very un-Tandberg. And still the leading bid is now NOK 4.200,- / EUR 420,-

Cheers, Richard

koba reacted
ReplyQuote
(@steinerikhanssen)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @richlooker

I think this auction is very strange. There is only a single photo of the deck, and it's very unsharp/blurry. No photos of the back, no closeup. You can see the deck is missing a transport button. It has no resemblance to anything Tandberg ever made. Not a single design element where you would say, yes, that's a Tandberg. It's a very simple deck - simpler/more basic than TCD-300, but clearly newer. The numbering is strange, considering every Tandberg deck from TCD-300 and onwards had a higher number than the previous one (exceptions: 420, 3034 and 910/911) It has plastic piano keys, very un-Tandberg. And still the leading bid is now NOK 4.200,- / EUR 420,-

Cheers, Richard

This model, TCD210, have been discussed in a Norwegian Tandberg Facebook-group. Sometimes the employees at Tandberg made their own equipment, perhaps this is one of those? Its also my believe that the current highest bidder is an ex-emplyoee from Tandberg. 

koba reacted
ReplyQuote
koba
 koba
(@koba)
Trusted Member

VU meters doesn't look Tandberg's too?

ReplyQuote
(@steinerikhanssen)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

VU meters doesn't look Tandberg's too?

Yes, it’s a strange thing. Don’t know what to believe.

ReplyQuote
(@richlooker)

Posted by: @steinerikhanssen

This model, TCD210, have been discussed in a Norwegian Tandberg Facebook-group. Sometimes the employees at Tandberg made their own equipment, perhaps this is one of those? Its also my believe that the current highest bidder is an ex-emplyoee from Tandberg. 

OK; the one in the fb-group ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/tandbergradio/permalink/2628978687385345) is a bit different, so at least there exists two (slightly different) specimens, but it's still a very odd-looking machine.

ReplyQuote
koba
 koba
(@koba)
Trusted Member

Came across another option

I Think it might be something made FOR Tandberg BY another company (c) Lasse

In support of this version will add from myself about numbering: TCD 210 may intend it's a deck of a lower level than units of a 300 series

ReplyQuote
(@jdurbin1)
Eminent Member

Yes, that 4136 got away from me... was keen to add it to my small 4000-series set but I think I lost out to sniping at the end. I elected to exercise some self-restraint and not escalate the price again after already bidding more than I thought it was worth earlier on. 

That TCD210 is very interesting, shows they apparently were considering a very different idea for a direction to take with cassette design than the models we know today. To me it looks a little like a Tascam professional series machine... I onder if as Lasse suggests it was made by another company for Tandberg at a point where they were considering to produce machines for the studio/pro marketplace? If so interesting that it was much much later when the 910/911 were finally built for that space, and begs the question whether there were other efforts in-between that we don't know about.

John

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.