18 Posts
5 Users
4 Reactions
koba
 koba
(@koba)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @jdurbin1

Yes, that 4136 got away from me... was keen to add it to my small 4000-series set but I think I lost out to sniping at the end. I elected to exercise some self-restraint and not escalate the price again after already bidding more than I thought it was worth earlier on. 

John

This 4136 was for sale on eBay at least 3 times before with starting bid $1000 and two times ended "As no longer available". It was sellers mistake he/she didn't mention 4136 in the head of the listing - many thought it was for 4036.

Does anybody know how many of 4136 were produced?

Alex

ReplyQuote
(@jdurbin1)
Eminent Member

No, but then again documentation for 4000-series is extremely scarce at least that's the case here in the US. I only knew of the 41xx models existence from a single piece of literature that's been surfaced on the internet.

John

ReplyQuote
(@eclectik)

That looks unlike any Tandberg deck I've ever seen. I have a Sansui and a Uher which have a passing resemblance.

In any case, it looks like a basic 2 header, basic mechanical transport, probably single motor. Apart from its rarity, I can't see anything special about it at all.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.