A revival technique for broken potentiometers
Hi guys! I just wanted to share a technique that could save some original potentiometers.
A common issue with Tandberg pots is that the glider that runs on the carbon track snaps, as it is under constant tension.
I have found that you can in fact solder this glider back together and it actually holds up. I have now done this on two of my own, and recently even did the smaller volume pot on the TR 2055 for a dutch member of the facebook group. He reported back yesterday, stating it worked perfectly!
I figured I'd share this, since it may allow some of you to keep the original part.