RCA jacks on the TR...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

RCA jacks on the TR-2080 and other TR-20xx models.

9 Posts
5 Users
3 Likes
Tandbergista
(@tandbergista)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I am confused by the position of the RCA jacks on my TR-2080. They are so closely spaced. What was Tandberg thinking and what kind of plugs did they use then?
Have any of you solved this, are you using the RCA jacks?
I am mostly using the DIN inputs, the tight placement of the RCAs is one reason.

Modern RCA plugs are much too fat, there is not enough space between the jacks on the back. If you are using high-end type of cables it is even worse, but even the cheap types I have but don't use for audio won't fit.
Thinking of modifying a set of RCA plugs to fit, by building new covers for them.
But of course, the DINs are nice and I don't have to use the RCAs, just wondering if anyone is using them and then how..

Β 

koba
 koba
(@koba)
Trusted Member

Among other RCA interconnects have bought some DNM sets with original RCA jacks (not ETI) to use with veterans. Not top interconnects but good enough to use with old receivers like TR-20XX are. Or even maybe surprise someone... 🙂 My are of the first issues/grey.

ReplyQuote
Tandbergista
(@tandbergista)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

@koba
I actually have a DNM cable and bought plugs that DNM recommends and can be seen on their website. But even that is too fat. Seen top in the photo.
I wonder what kind of plug you have.

Perhaps one could build a special two-in-one plug, mounted in a base.
It is rather weird.
The TR-2080 deserves high class interconnects.

ReplyQuote
Pawel
(@pawel)
Member Moderator

well at time the RCA has been introduced to Tandberg, the fat connectors were ... πŸ™‚Β 

I use or the DIN/RCA cable or:

without the metal pipe it fits well πŸ™‚

Β 

Pawel

ReplyQuote
koba
 koba
(@koba)
Trusted Member

@tandbergista

On top on your picture is ETI. The plugs on my IC are like those in the middle but look more solid/better. If not mistaken same as on the picture from the Web. Some are gold plated, some rhodium plated.

Haven't used TR10xx and TR20xx for a long time - to make it sure I'm not mistaken will check tomorrow and make some pictures

Tandbergista reacted
ReplyQuote
Pawel
(@pawel)
Member Moderator

you may find the RCA only at 2055/75/80 , the rest having DIN

Pawel

ReplyQuote
koba
 koba
(@koba)
Trusted Member

Sorry for the delay.

Does not fit 100% but works

Β 

ReplyQuote
Nimei
(@nimei)

I use the Argon Audio blue edition digital interconnects. These have very slim RCA plugs and fit my TR2075 relatively well despite the good build quality of the cable.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Nimei

Tandbergista reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jdurbin1)
Eminent Member

Switchcraft has some nice slim RCA plugs that should fit these... in my own systems I've used some cables my former employer produced, with the metal shields unscrewed and allowed to slide down away from the plug bodies. These cables have "Y" format at either end so the loose metal covers are captive and just sit at the Y, where they can be easily slid back up and screwed back in place one at a time when it's necessary to unplug one. In that configuration, the actual plug working portion can also be bent at right angle to allow them to fit under the metal covers on the TCD 300/400-series cassette decks.

Β 

John

Tandbergista reacted
ReplyQuote
Share:

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.