TR2055 from Germany

4 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
Pawel
(@pawel)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Hello, I have just found and bought the TR2055 from Germany. One owner, one room since it has been bought. I got the full purchase documentation including the invoice, have a look 🙂 . I have never seen Tandberg in such a good condition honestly. Well it must be good as it costed 998DM 2.06.1980 ;)... Mercedes 190D costed around 22 000 DM at the same time  !  

Pawel

koba and Tandbergista reacted
Tandbergista
(@tandbergista)
Member Admin

Wonderful, I am envious! 😀 
Where was it I just read about the 2055, someone said that back in the 70'ies a pro hifi guy said that the 2055 was the most neutral and correct amplifier he had ever heard, and he had heard some pretty expensive stuff. Was it in this forum perhaps.

ReplyQuote
Pawel
(@pawel)
Member Moderator
Topic starter  

from the amp design point of view it's very similar to TR 2075/80, but eg the power is completely separate for L and R ( even transformer has the separate winding for L&R ), but in general it's like  pre TR2075/80 version  

Pawel

ReplyQuote
Indianeren
(@indianeren)
Eminent Member

I have just bought a Tandberg TR2075 and I can confirm that also the TR2075 have separate LR power from the transformer windings  to each of the rectifiers and the LR amps. In TR2075mKII this separation is dropped and there is just on powerline to the amps and one rectifier for both amps. My brother has a TR 2075mKII so when we compared the schemes we found this difference. Of course there are other difference too.

Ola S.

ReplyQuote
Share:

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.